Monday, August 16, 2010

We have the neatest friends...

We have had so much fun with our friends lately.  Last week the kids and I headed up to the Woodlands to see Mrs. Gabby and her kids Asher, Keilan and Piper.  Gabby is not just any friend...she was my roommate at Baylor!  We both ended up moving to Houston and we finally got around to getting together.  Should have happened sooner! 

I felt like we had lived together yesterday.  Gabby is sweet and beautiful and was always there to give great advice.  And it was as if Matt and Asher had known each other forever too.  I think they might have had the most fun.  Matt thought Asher was the greatest thing since squeeze yogurt. 

Here are our little ones...Piper was sleeping.  I can't wait to see them again soon!

Then yesterday we headed over to Mr. Scott's house.  If you were around my kids at all you'd think Mr. Scott was a rock star or sports star.  They talk about "Mr. Scott" all the time.  Scott works with Dad and apparently has made a huge impression on the kids.  Marlie has only met him twice and unlike everyone else, takes to him immediately!!  Scott's family has taken Matt to a few Astros games and Scott has even been on the other end of the 20 questions game with my Matt.  

So we had a wonderful dinner with the Steinbring's yesterday and the kids had fun swimming in their pool.  I spent most of the time talking to Scott's wife June, trying to figure out their parenting tricks.  They have 2 children - Amber and Trevor and they are both the coolest, sweetest teenagers I've ever met.  I tried to talk June into trading kids for awhile but don't worry...we did take both of our kids home!  :) I think M&M would have preferred to stay there.  Thank you guys for a wonderful evening.  Hopefully we can bring the kids to a football game to watch Amber cheer and to one of Trevor's baseball games too.  They would love it!

No comments: