Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today is "Church Day"

So Wednesdays the kids go to mass (well just the older kids) and so we wear our "dress uniform".  I thought that meant that the boys had to wear pants but apparently not, so poor Matt will be hotter than the sun at recess today. 

Anyway, I'm so glad that in the midst of getting them up and ready for school this morning...Marlie did not want to get out of bed...that I grabbed the camera.  Then I was proud of myself for actually taking it into school.  Lucky me...we got to see Hannah and Caden on the way in so I got this super cute pic of the kids.
It's funny...Matt loves to wear his tie and his uniforms.  I think he thinks it's like Daddy dresses when he goes to work.  But the girl's Moms have told me that they hate wearing their uniforms and bring clothes to change into in the car when Mom picks them up from school.  The girls like their pinks and purples and bling.  Shows how different we are from an early age. 

If this picture only had sound you could hear the screams coming out of the PreK-3 classroom!!  Marlie seems to be doing well but if I were her I'd be freaked out by the 1 or 2 boys that are refusing to go into class.  Poor kids.  Marlie has been a little nervous but when I pick her up she talks nonstop about her day.  She told us at dinner on Monday night that "God is in your heart" and reminded me of that on our way to school this morning.

They are doing great really.  Much better than I am.  I miss them during the day...although I've gotten so much done at home and grocery shopping without kids is so easy! I will start back to work soon and I am really excited about that.  In the mean time I am loving all these precious moments!!

No comments: