Monday, August 9, 2010

Our First Trip to the Bowling Alley

Ok so I was reminded that this wasn't the kids first time to go bowling.  They went with Gram and their cousins so I guess this was really my first trip to the bowling alley with the kids!  You're probably thinking that it's odd that we had never been.  Well here's the thing...there are 2 bowling alleys near our house.  Both quite suspect and I wasn't ready to drive 20 miles to a nice one.  But our summer of fun is almost over and I really wanted to take the kids so we tried the one closest to home.  We recently got a Wii (yes I'm sure we're the last family to own one) and the kids have had fun with the bowling game.  So they were very excited when I said that we were going bowling outside of our house!!

We get to the place and I'm a bit nervous.  I prepared myself for the smoke smell and the minute we walked in the door Matt said, "man it stinks in here" loud enough for everyone at MaxBowl to hear us.  We walk up to the man behind the counter and he sneezes everywhere...I mean really...could you at least cover your nose a bit?  He proceeds to hand us our shoes which I was excited about (the shoes were my favorite when I was a kid) until I saw them and couldn't stop thinking of how many stinky feet had worn them.  And you guys know I hate feet (except my children's and all babies under 3 months).  Then we got our balls and I could only imagine the dirty fingers that had been inside those holes!!  I had to take a deep breath.  I couldn't help but think that my sweet friend Sandra, who is always right, would tell me that I'm not crazy for all these thoughts.  Then we started bowling!

The kids had a blast!  Marlie tried to do it by herself but the ball would roll so slow that we'd have to wait a full 2 minutes (not kidding) for it to make it down the lane.  Once it actually stopped.  So she let me help her and together we managed the only strike of the day!  Matt was definitely into it.  At one point Marlie and I got tired and he was bowling for us too.  He got 4 spares, but not a strike.  And he was not happy that we did not play more until he got a strike. 

We had fun and we will definitely try it again when Dad can come with us.  I will just have to remember to bring a large, Costco size hand-sanitizer with us.  I actually did look there for hand-sanitizer and then after about 5 seconds had to laugh at myself for thinking I'd find that in the bowling alley!! 

No comments: