Saturday, August 14, 2010

First Day of School

If you can believe it, Friday was the first day of school for my tiny humans! We've been hyping up this day like it was the Super Bowl so the kids were excited.  We got to meet our teachers the night before and feel very blessed that Marlie will be with Mrs. Mary and Sister Mary (same teachers Matt had in PreK-3) and Matt will be in Ms. Marchesani's class.  She is a recent Baylor grad and we've heard nothing but wonderful things about her. 

It was a very emotional day for me.  I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to spend the summer with M&M.  We've all grown so much and we were able to do so many things.  I will miss them every day.  I also can't believe that my baby is in a real school. 

So we headed to school on Friday morning.  Dad came too and I was so happy when Matt said he wanted to ride to school with me because usually if Dad has the opportunity to take the kids they get so excited.  So as Matt and I were driving I was trying so hard to hold back the tears.  We walked both kids to their class and both couldn't wait.  They walked in with big kisses from Mom and Dad and were on their way!  I'm so proud of them.  They are so brave.  Much braver than I.

Matt was so excited he got to wear his new uniform and new shoes.  Here he is tying his own "new shoes with laces". 
I love how the shorts are hiked up to his arm pits.  For some reason he loves this style!
Here is Marlie looking for her name to put on the I'm Here board.  I still can't believe how well she did.  Probably because she was excited to be sharing a cubby with Annie and that Ashdin, Daniela, Sam and Hayden were all in her class too. 

When I went to pick them up, they were so excited when they saw my car.  They were holding hands and running to see me.  I was so excited to hear about their day.  Then they got stopped and were told that they couldn't run and that slowed down their excitement, but once they got in the car they couldn't stop talking.  Well... I guess Marlie did because about 5 minutes later she was passed out.  It was a big day!

1 comment:

Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said...

Matt has the sweetest smile & Marlie is just too adorable. We visited Patty with Lauren on Friday afternoon and she took a 3 hr nap, so that PK3 class must be FUN!