Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Little Miss Marlie

We have been running so fast lately that I literally have to take things one day at a time so I don't go crazy.  I'm still mostly sane but my hair is turning grey fast! 

So I have a lot to update you on but let's start today with Little Miss Marlie.  She is Little Miss Sunshine about 90% of the time, the other 10%...well don't ask!  She is loving her new do and is still getting compliments from so many people. 

The Kindergartners have a big celebration on the 100th day of school and start the day off with a parade.  Marlie and I had fun working on her shirt.  Since it was close to Valentine's day we thought we'd incorporate that into our tshirt that had to have 100 things on it.  She looked adorable! Here's Marlie and Celia and we got a pic with Mrs. Grady too!
The next day was the Father-Daughter dance and boy did the Dads and girls have a blast.  Marlie said her favorite part of the night was dancing with Daddy to Butterfly Kisses.  Doug said the girls danced together all night and were adorable. Marlie was latched onto Doug the entire weekend after and said she wished she could do that again.  Too cute...Marlie's first dance. 
We hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day.  I spent the day at the kid's parties at school.  I forget how fun this little holiday is...decorating boxes...deciding who gets each's so fun.  I didn't get many pictures of the day but managed to snap this cute one of Marlie & Chloe.
School parties were followed by gymnastics, softball practice and a romantic family dinner at Chick-fil-A!  Happy Valentine's day to you!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Locks of Love!

Marlie and her friend Lauren have been growing their hair out for over a year now so that they can do Locks of Love.  Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.

At first Marlie was nervous about cutting her hair.  So we got online and looked at the LOL website so I could show her the before and after photos of children with and without their wigs.  Then she seemed ok. 

Here are the girls a few weeks before the chop! I love long hair and both of their hair was gorgeous! But Mrs. Patty and I were ready to chop because the maintenance was getting crazy.  So many tangles!
Mrs. Megan was pretty nervous to cut their hair.  She said she was afraid that it might be a traumatic experience and possibly some tears.  But no way!  The girls were excited and smiled a lot!
The girls were so proud of was funny.  We took them to Smashburger and Tutti Fruitti as a treat.  2 people commented on how cute their hair was!  And we have had comments from complete strangers ever since! 
Marlie we are so proud of you!  Marlie said she wants to do it again so we'll see!  It will probably be 2 years before it's long enough to cut again.