Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Great Grandpa

The kids have been so excited about this weekend!  Great Grandpa came down from Wisconsin to see us!! My sweet cousin Kelly graduated from high school this year and traveled with him on the train to Texas.  She is a real gem.  My cousin Mallory and her fiance Duy came in from Dallas and Grandpa came up from SA. 

We took Great Grandpa to the Battleship Texas.  Great Grandpa was in the navy during the war so he enjoyed touring the ship and telling his stories.  He wore his red hat on the trip so that he could be easily spotted if he got lost!!  Look how tall Doug looks in this pic!! 

Duy is a saint.  My kids LOVE Duy and pretty much are with him every second he's in town.  I'm sure he was exhausted when he got home!

At this point in the tour we had already lost Great Grandpa and Nene.  Luckily we spotted the red hat later on in the day. 


I think we all had a really great time!  I think Marlie kissed Great Grandpa about 100 times over the course of the weekend and he got tons of hugs from the kiddos too.  Great Grandpa said he wished that Grandma could have been on the trip with him, but I reminded him that she was!  We just can't see her, but I know she's up in heaven taking care of all of us every day! 


No comments: