Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Matt

Have I told you how much we love Matt's school?  Yes I know I have.  He has had the best teachers and we have met some wonderful families.  Seems like every day they do something fun.  Last week they had to dress up like pirates.  So I grabbed an eye patch (which happened to come with earrings) and we threw a bandanna on his head and that was our costume.  Turned out cuter than I expected.  He let me put the "earring" on for this picture before we left the house but insisted that he was NOT wearing it to school.  He said everyone would think he was a girl.  I tried to explain that pirates wore earrings and he didn't care.  Then I thought...I'm going to back off.  This is a good thing that he's so against and I'm going to be thankful.  This is the first time in his little life that he would not give in.  I'm proud of him!


I also got to watch Matt do a gymnastics show for me today.  He does a little gymnastics class after school once a week.  It's pretty basic but his friends are there, he has a blast and it gives Mom one day where she doesn't have to rush home from work to be there right after school!  He can do a pretty good cartwheel and a great dive roll.  He's also really good on the beam.   
This next one is funny.  They play this game called "Master of the Beam".  Miss Karen gives them all sorts of things to do and whoever stays on the beam the longest wins.  They struck this pose when she told them to do the "teenager".  It was pretty funny.  And yes, that is Matt's friend Brandon that is almost a head taller than Matt and Evan and 2 heads taller than Caden.  Brandon is 5 believe it or not and is a sweet kid.  Matt talks about him all the time!!
Thank you to Matt's teachers for an amazing year.  I can't believe in one year that he learned to write all his letters, numbers and is already starting to read.  You ladies are amazing!!! 

No comments: