Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to ALL the Mother's out there!!!  It's a hard job.  Honestly, the hardest I've ever had.  But it's the most rewarding too.  On Friday I went to a Mother's Day Tea at Matt's school.  It was awesome!!  The kids walked us into the hall that had tables all decorated with their art work.  They pulled out our chairs so we could sit and served us a nice breakfast with tea.  They sang songs for us that were SO sweet.  I'd write down some of the words if I could remember them, but I was too busy trying to hold back the floodgates.  Here's a pic of Matt and Hannah singing.  Hannah is adorable and ALWAYS finds Matt to say hello...at church, at tball, at school...and Matt is so shy that he will barely look at her!  And you all know Matt isn't shy.  So I think this might be his first crush!  Thank you to the PreK-4 teachers that planned this great event for us!! 
Then I picked Marlie up from school that day and every thing she could pick up she would give to me and say "Happy Mother's Day".  I got rocks, trash, paper...you name it!  We had a great day.  Doug made my Mom and I a wonderful dinner.  Thank you!

Our weekend was wild and crazy as always.  We had some friends over Friday night for desserts and sangria and had a wonderful time.  The kids spent the night at Nene's house and pulled out some veggies from their garden.  They were very proud of their broccoli!  They ended the night with a "sprinkler party" in their underwear and thought that was hilarious.  I thought so too since Nene said this was her version of a "bath". 

Matt and Dad went with Mr. Scott and his son Trevor to the Astros game on Saturday night.  The boys had a blast.  Apparently they weren't watching the Astros???  Thanks Scott for inviting my 2 crazy boys to the game!  The girls decided to go on a shopping trip so we could buy Nene something for Mother's Day.  Marlie got a tiara and Nene got a new top.  We had fun!!!  

No comments: