Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Little Sunshine

Marlie is almost 3 now and is everything I ever imagined when I thought of having a little girl.  We have been home together the last 2 days and had so much fun!  She laughs a lot, tells me she loves me at least 10 times a day and says the funniest things.  Here are just a few that I can remember:
  • "Momma I'm not sick anymore.  God and Santa Claus made me feel better."
  • "Momma you make my heart beat happy."
  • To Daddy as she holds Matt's sword up to his face..."Daddy don't worry, I won't kill you, I will protect you!"
  • On our daily drive to Matt's school...they are clearing some land to build a church and my little tree hugger says, "The trees are gone!  Someone is going to jail!"
  • We are in the parking lot at church and we see Father Mike walking on the sidewalk..."There's God.  He's walking."  She was as serious as could be and Doug and I tried so hard not to laugh. 
  • After the big Baylor basketball game she thinks everything yellow is Baylor-related.  She was wearing a yellow shirt the other day that says "Little Sister".  She reads the letters aloud, "S-I-S-T-E-R" and then says "Baylor bears fight!"  Hey I was just proud that she knew all the letters. 
  • Marlie was excited to be home with me the last 2 days.  I told her we had lots of work to do and she had to help.  When I asked her to help with the laundry she said "Mom, how about you go get the laundry and I'll turn on cartoons."  Then today she walked into the laundry room as I was putting clothes into the dryer.  She said "Mom you did it! Here is your trophy!" 
The other thing she has been really excited about is her first pedi!!  As you know I am extremely frugal.  But I had a gift certificate to get a pedicure and really wanted to get it done.  I have been in there a handful of times and am horrified to see Moms that bring their children in there.  But what was I to do?  It was last minute and it was now or never.  So I grabbed my Mom and off the girls went.  As I was picking out my polish color Marlie pointed to the pink one and asked if she could please have it.  They said they'd be happy to polish her toenails.  She was nervous at first but when the girl asked her to sit she did and immediately handed over the pink polish.  She sat as still as could be and was so excited when they were done.  She has shown everyone we've seen since then.  In the bath tub last night I noticed she wasn't putting her feet in the water.  I told her she could but she insisted she would not because her polish would come off.  I convinced her it was okay and when she finally put them in the water she was amazed that the polish was still on.  Let me tell you...it's the best $3 I've ever spent!  You all know I hate feet but had to post this picture...


She is my little angel!  Thank you God!!

No comments: