Friday, May 4, 2012

Matt's First Guitar Recital

Santa brought Matt a guitar for Christmas so we decided we should take lessons! In February Matt started lessons with Mrs. Kristi.  Her son Zach plays on Matt's soccer team and is in Kindergarten at FCE too. 

Neither Doug or I know anything about music.  So I was happy that I am able to sit in on the lessons and try to learn too.  I kept up for the first month and then Matt blew right past me.  Unfortunately we aren't too helpful when he practices at home, but he seems to be able to figure it out himself.  I am amazed at how well he is reading music already.

We had our first guitar recital last Sunday and I thought Matt did really well! He played a difficult piece and also did a duo with his teacher.  I like his smile towards the end of his song.  It's that "I nailed it" look he has. 

We will definitely continue lessons with Mrs. Kristi.  She is a great teacher.  This is not Matt's favorite thing to do so I don't expect him to be the next Santana, but I hope he can one day sing and play for his children when they are babies or around a campfire.  Matt we are really proud of you!

No comments: