Friday, May 4, 2012

The Big Show

Marlie loves to sing and dance.  She also loves performing for people.  Her expressions are just adorable.  So I thought I'd sign her up for a theater/acting class.  The age range was 4-6 so I thought I might as well sign Matt up too. 

We had 10 weeks of Mom driving the kids into town to Main Street Theater every Wednesday.  The kids loved it.  They wouldn't let the parents stay during class so it was nice that I got to run errands or do a little shopping. 

Last week was the big play!  I was glad it wasn't crazy and over the top, but disappointed in how simple it was.  Oh well, Matt and Marlie had a blast and met some new friends. 

For their performance they did 4 plays from Aesop's Fables:
The Tortoise and the Hare - Matt was the Hare
The Lion and the Mouse - Marlie was the Mouse
The Cat and the Fox
The Grasshoppers and the Ants - Matt was a Grasshopper, Marlie an Ant

Matt was the first to come out and was very nervous.  Luckily it didn't take him long to warm up and by the middle of the Tortoise and the Hare he was good to go.  Marlie was not nervous at all!  The kids made their own masks which were very cute, but hid their facial expressions which I think is the best part??? 

Here is the video and some pics.  Matt is the tallest kid with the navy blue shirt on and Marlie has a light pink shirt and a skirt.  I hope you get a good laugh like we did!




No comments: