Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yee-haw!

Well we barely made the rodeo this year!  We rolled in on the last day and as always had a blast!!  We set a record this year.  6 hours!  Yes we were at the rodeo, really just the fairgrounds, for almost 6 hours.  Here are my cowkids all ready to go!

Our usual routine is to get there when the doors open.  While we're waiting for the carnival to start we get in a pony ride and visit the petting zoo.  They both love riding the ponies.  And they hop on and ride like they do it every day. 
I think the entire family is scared of the attacking goats in the petting zoo.  So we typically move towards the smaller guys and then we're ok. 
Then it was time for the highlight of the day...Matt was really excited about Mutton Bustin'.  So Doug signed him up.  Here he is getting ready...
Then we could tell he was terrified.  But he didn't say a word. 
Here he is in the shoot, getting ready!!
And then well, I have to be honest...I think of his group he was the first to fall off.  He didn't like the dirt all in his eyes and mouth when he fell either.  I could see he was holding back tears when they took his helmet off.  I was glad he was brave and tried.  We told him we were proud of him for trying and that got him more excited.  When they walked the kids out at the end, he was smiling and waving as if he won!!  Too cute!!  Maybe we'll try again next year??
Then it was off to ride some rides!!! The faster it was, the louder Marlie screamed.  She loved it all.  Here are a few pics on the roller coasters. 
Then Doug made me go with the kids on the slide, which he knows I don't like.  Last year I think my back was out of whack for a few weeks after this slide.  But it was fun and I'd do it again to hear Marlie scream all the way down!
The kids were excited when we spotted Ashdin and we got to go on a ride with him too!
It was a great day!  Thanks Dad for taking us to the Rodeo!!! Yee-haw!!!

No comments: