Monday, March 7, 2011

The Good Life

We had a big treat on Saturday night.  We were given great seats from an even greater family to the Rockets game.  As we were there I couldn't stop singing this song by One Republic - The Good Life. 

I knew the seats were going to be good but didn't realize how good until we got there.  We had prepped the kids and they knew this was a special treat too.  They were excited and in check!!

We strolled down to our seats which were right behind the Rockets bench.  Again a reminder to the kiddos that they had to behave or they would kick us out and send us way to the top of the arena!!  We weren't in our seats 5 minutes when the team trainer/doc came over to the kids to bring them goodies.  He gave Marlie a Chuck Hayes bobble head doll and gave Matt NBA wrist bands and a headband.  Could they be more excited?  I don't think so. 

Surprisingly Marlie was good ALL night.  In my last post I mentioned we are struggling with Marlie.  We even half joked that we should take her to see Father Mike to get blessed!!  She was SO good.  She sat for the first half with the bobble head held tight and was in awe...
Matt was pumped.  I would try to talk to him during the game but he was too focused.  He watched the entire first half with eyes on the ball at all times.  He didn't even ask 20 questions.  Just focused.  If you happened to see us on TV, you can see him bobbing back and forth as the game moved from one end of the court to the other. 
And if you thought the kids were excited, you should have seen Doug and I!!!  I'm not sure if I was more excited about the game or watching the players and coaches on the sidelines.  Then the announcer said there was 2 minutes left.  I couldn't believe it.  It felt like we had just got there.  We didn't want it to end!! 

Thank you, thank you...we had such a fun night!!

No comments: