Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break Baseball Camp!

While everyone else is traveling the country, we are at home for Spring Break!  Doug and I are working but we are still managing to sneak in some fun here and there.

We were excited when Uncle Jay said we could go to Baseball USA for camp.  Caden came with us and even Evan met us there too!  The boys were all very excited.  

I however (no surprise really) was emotional.  This was the first camp where Matt's friends could join him AND the first camp where we would drop them off and leave for the day.  I know that sounds ridiculous but it's a big step for a parent.  I was in tears until we pulled into the parking lot and I saw Joel (Caden's daddy) and John (Evan's daddy).  I figured I better pull myself together or they'll think I'm crazy...which they might already but anyway...so there were all 3 boys.  Cute as could be and super excited. 
Even better that Uncle Jay was working the camp!  It made them feel special that he knew them and gave us parents some comfort that they would be okay! 
So I left, hoping to get hugs and a kiss from Matt.  But Evan looked at me like "lady, I am way too old and cool to be hugging you" and Matt gave me the quickest kiss he possibly could.  I figured at this point I wouldn't embarrass Caden too so he got a pat on the head. 

The boys met other kids and day 2 when I picked them up, they already had another friend that was planning on coming home with us.  Unfortunately I had no idea who he was or where he lived so that plan didn't happen. 
After 3 days they were completely exhausted.  I thought they might have been "baseballed out" but it just got them more excited about playing.  They wanted to come home and play and they are excited to go back to practice.  Thank you Coach Jay for your help!  It was a blast! 

No comments: