Friday, October 22, 2010

Nene's 60th Surprise Birthday Party

Our Nene (as the kids call her) will be 60 this year.  We had a surprise party a few weeks early.  It was a cupcake coffee/tea party at Sugarbaby's Cupcake Boutique in town.  We started the morning with pedis at the spa.  Marlie too of course and we all loved it...I think Marlie did the most.  The girls in the spa think she's adorable and she sits there like she's been there millions of times.  This time she got flowers on her toes and they were adorable.  I couldn't say no.  I know...ridiculous.  I'm still mad at myself for ever taking her, but secretly I love how much she enjoys it. 

The girls had lunch and then Marlie and I had to dash off to get ready for the party. As you know with all events it can be a little crazy.  We picked up flowers and balloons and were hurrying to get in the car.  Well the vase with roses tipped over in my car and there was a puddle of water in the driver's seat.  We were late already and I was so frustrated.  That's when my saving grace reminded me that "Nene will still love the flowers if there's no water in them" followed by "Mom, it's only water it will dry".  Yes common sense from my 3 year old angel.  So I calmly found the napkins stashed in all places of my car and dried my seat off best as I could.  Then I found a bag that I used to sit on, so my bum wasn't soaking wet!  All was good!! 

My angel was the perfect little hostess during the party.  My Mom's friends from the neighborhood came as well as some family.  My aunt flew in for the occasion and we all had so much fun.  The place is adorable and the cupcakes were good!  But I mostly loved seeing my Mom (Nene) so happy and Marlie having so much fun playing the hostess role. 

I got a few pics....was a bit frustrated because this place is super cute and and I didn't seem to capture it that well.  That's why I stick to counting beans for a real job!
My Mom's friends are adorable and most importantly...hilarious!  They laughed so hard and I loved hearing their funny stories.  She is lucky to have such sweet ladies in her life!  
Nene was pleasantly surprised and we all had a really great time.  Happy 60th Nene!  Let's do this again at 70!! 

No comments: