Sunday, October 17, 2010

Busy Bees!

Due to technical difficulties (meaning I was too cheap to purchase a new computer and we've had ours since 2001 and it gave up on me - finally purchased a new one!) I am behind on my blog posting!  So be prepared for lots of info because as always...we have been busy!

Rewind to last Friday, the 8th I believe...this kids had off from school that day.  I had bible study and lots of errands to run but last minute, literally, we decided to scratch everything and meet up with some friends at the zoo.  We had so much fun!!  Our crew was down there first and since the weather was beautiful all the animals were out.  The 3 of us had so much fun!
But we were happy when our friends arrived.  Well...honestly Matt was shy initially around the girls as always but he warmed up.  Iva & Alena joined us....
Then Hannah and Hayden joined us too.  Funny you would have thought I posed all the kids in different positions for this picture but that's just how they decided to pose!! Too cute!
We fed the ducks, fed the pigeons, chased the pigeons, rode the train...
rode the carousel...
and pet some creatures too!
But as everyone started to get tired and cranky the Mom's decided we needed a break and we went to sit in the bleachers at the sea lion exhibit.  The kids were playing in the grass for awhile and we wondered what they were up to.  They were talking and being so good.  We realized they were collecting acorns in their zoo cups and having the best time of the entire day.  No fighting, no crying, no whining...they were having a blast.  Next time we decided to find a park with acorns!! As we were walking back to car I was thinking of how tired we all were, how I was sad I missed my bible study that day and all the errands I still had to fit it sometime over the weekend.  Then Matt said, "Mom, that was the best day ever!" 

Saturday was soccer and we finally met our match.  The team we played was good so Matt really had to work hard.  He did manage a few goals and was excited about that. 

Last minute also...the boys were invited to the Texans game with Mr. Kevin and Owen.  This is the first year that Matt is into football and Doug is loving it!  So Matt was so excited about the game.  They left early enough to "tailgate" which literally meant the kids were drinking juice boxes out of a cooler on Doug's tailgate.  But they had a blast. 
What was not last minute was our family trip to the pumpkin patch.  It turned out different than what we expected but we had so much fun.  That trip needs an entire post to itself so we'll get to that soon....

1 comment:

Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said...

what a wonderful day we had. Thanks for bringing your camera along and so sorry I didn't get my photos posted before you blogged. I'll be borrowing some of yours for my blog post.