Sunday, October 24, 2010

Matt's First Love Letter, Marlie's First Boyfriend...Mom & Dad's 1,000th Grey Hair From Kids

So Matt got shy all of a sudden the other day when he was pulling out his school work from his bag.  He said, "Mom someone sneaked this in my backpack."  I think it was his first love note and included a phone number too!!
Maybe it's supposed to say "Matt is my friend" or "Matt is funny"...not really sure but I thought it was so cute.  I emailed Hannah's Mom and Iva & Alena's Mom hoping it was one of their girls (the arranged marriage idea doesn't seem so ridiculous anymore).  Seems that Alena sort of admitted she did it but apparently she was shy discussing the topic too!  For all I know it's from a boy, but either way it's adorable. 

My friend Traci (Hannah and Hayden's Mom) stopped me at school the other morning to tell me that Hayden had told her that Marlie asked him to be his boyfriend.  So that night at dinner I asked Marlie if she asked Hayden to be her boyfriend and she just smiled and shook her head yes...and had that look on her face like of course, why wouldn't I?  I asked her what he said and she said "he said sure and then he was very happy".  I have no idea where in the world she got the idea to ask him to be her boyfriend.  I will try to pretend it's cute now because fast forward a few years and I'll take the key and lock her up!!!  I know kids today grow up fast, but they're in PreK-3!!! I guess next year I'll have to teach her how to play hard to get!

1 comment:

Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said...

well, now that I've seen the writing I'll have to let you down easy and let you know it's not Alena - that's not her handwriting - and sadly probably not Hannah either. It is someone without an a in their name or it wouldn't be backwards. Hope that helps you sleuth to a Matt's sweetheart. Cute pic & story though.