Friday, July 2, 2010

Sidelined

Oh my sweet Matt...remember a few posts ago I mentioned that he tries so hard, but bless his heart is not the most coordinated kid I've met?  Well we were outside and he said, "Mom wanna see me do a flip on the bar?" and of course I said yes.  You know how you hang upside down by your knees with hands on the bar outside of your legs?  Well he got up there with one hand between his legs and I said "NO" too late and watched him try to "flip" off the bar.  Of course with his incorrect position he did not make it.  He hurt his foot (luckily not his face which I thought hit the ground fairly hard).  After limping for a couple of days I thought I should take him in.  No broken bones on the xray but doc wants to keep him in this splint for a few weeks.  So our fun summer activities have slowed down a bit.  Trying to keep this little man still is like asking a flea to sit still!  Not gonna happen.....

No comments: