Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ballerina Girl...You are so Lovely!

Ok so admit it.  At some point in your life you liked Lionel Richie too!  I hope I don't have this song stuck in  your head as it is in mine! 

We are doing lots this summer and having a great time!  I think what I was most excited about was Marlie starting ballet.  As you may remember we tried gymnastics about a year ago and it was horrible.  Marlie was shy...but a mean shy.  She didn't want to do anything and was mean to anyone in her class that looked at her funny!  So I was honestly very nervous on our first day.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that her teacher was Ms. Stacey (she owns the studio and I've heard how great she is).  I promised Marlie if she did good in class and listened to her teacher that I would buy her a pretty pink princess tutu for the next class. 

Well...I don't know if it was the awesome teachers or the fact that I could not be anywhere in the room, but she did awesome!!  She followed directions the whole hour without crying and actually looked like she had a blast!  Again I had to fight tears through the whole hour so all of the other crazy Moms didn't think I was a crazy Mom too! 

I had some trouble getting good pics the first few classes but managed some good ones this week.  This is the outfit she got from Papa and Nona Lisa for her birthday! 
Here is a kinda cute pic from day 1.  I was struggling to get pictures through the glass window.  I am definitely not a professional, just a good camera and great subjects! Nene bought this outfit for her for Christmas!
And here is day 2 with our new pink princess tutu.  She loved it!  And of course a picture with our friend Emma!
Now if only I had my friend Nicole's sewing skills.  I could make some too cute tutus pretty cheap!  This is so fun!  I love every minute!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Girl, tutus are SO easy!!!!!! If you ever come back to SA we can make some...I'm not kidding, you barely need sewing skills at all!
I love the pictures of little Marlie...she is the best combo of you and Doug....you can see both of ya'll in her perfectly.