Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Marlie Lou Retton and Matt Conner

We are also doing gymnastics this summer.  Because Marlie is 3 and Matt is still 4 they are in the same preschool class.  I think Matt is ready for bigger and better but it's nice that I can watch both of them at the same time.  They stick together like glue.  Well it's mostly Marlie that follows Matt's every move.  Both kids are doing really well.  Since Matt takes a little gymnastics class at school he's a bit ahead of the group...well and he's probably the oldest.  Marlie is catching on and this time around is having much more fun than a year ago when we attempted this.  I love their excitement when they master a skill or do something they are afraid of. 
...still trying to figure out how to take pictures through the glass!
As you can see in the next 2 pics, Marlie would not leave Matt alone!!  She was in a funny mood. Poor Matt was getting harassed like crazy and tried to keep a smile on his face.  Luckily the teachers finally split them up when they went to start their gymnastics.
They did great this day.  Matt has been a bit hesitant since his injury but is starting to come around.  They walked on the beam backwards, did back bends on the roly poly and practiced handstands which they do great because Momma practices this with them at home too!
Their favorite is the trampoline.  I like this one of Marlie.  The mirror makes it look like there are 2 Marlies!  I don't think I could handle 2 Marlies.  I could handle twice the kisses, twice the random "I love you Momma" that I hear during the day, but not twice the tears or drama! 
I'm really glad they got to do this together this summer.  Not sure if we'll continue in the Fall.  Mom will definitely have to go back to work to pay for all these activities!  Man...but I LOVE watching them grow!

2 comments:

Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said...

Marlie's handstand is GREAT - the girls would never lock their arms and always landed in a heap. The girls NEVER let me help them with anything at home. As soon as I try to show them something they are to do something else...drives me bonkers.

Nicole said...

Turn your flash off to take pics through glass. If it is too low light, turn up your ISO. What lens are you using?
Love, love the pics of them at gymnastics! I am going to sign mine up in the fall I think, and that will probably be a bunch of hijinks, but we'll see!