Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Greatest Show on Earth

We have been wanting to take the kids to the circus and decided we would wait until this year so Marlie could appreciate it all.  I'm not sure why we paid lots of money to go to the circus when we have our own circus here at home, but the kids did have fun. 

Matt was in awe most of the time and after the first act, Marlie just danced in the aisle like she was drunk off the $15 lemonde she was drinking!!  Meantime...my hair continued to turn more gray as I watched the crazy stunts. 

I now appreciate the beauty of Ringling Brothers tagging their show as "The Greatest Show on Earth".  Matt kept saying it was "the greatest show on earth" but after seeing Wicked the other week, I'm not sure it really was.  But I have to give their marketing team an A+ especially because that slogan was created so long ago.  Another thing the kids keep saying is "don't try this at home".  Luckily no one has tried any of the stunts in the living room so maybe that worked too. 

Here are some pics from the pre-show festivities.  Thanks Dad for taking us to the circus!

1 comment:

Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said...

I took the girls last year with a group and vowed not to do it again - the price of all that stuff in the hall - OUCH! I didn't think they even watched 10 minutes of the entire show, but they've seen the billboards and are asking to go back and see the motorcycle that drives across the wire. I guess their memories of it are a bit more positive than mine.