Sunday, December 7, 2008

Uh-oh Santa

Well we had a great Thanksgiving in San Antonio with everyone! Of course we forgot the camera so we don't have any pictures. Matt went to Laredo and then to McAllen with Nene and had a wonderful time at the ranch and with all the family. Meantime, Marlie tried to keep up with her girl cousins and had a blast! Doug's Mom makes a fabulous Thanksgiving meal (although Doug and his sister will insist they made most of it).

Doug and I went with some friends to the Monday night football Texans game and had SUCH a good time. We don't get out much and this was just fabulous. They won and we ate before at the best tailgate ever. We had this bacon, jalapeno and cheese wrapped shrimp that was to die for. Thank you Larry and Heather for inviting us!!! I'm sure they realized how much fun we had considering Doug could barely stand upright by the end of the game...okay I'm exaggerating but as much fun as we had, I had to drive us home and was so tired that I almost fell asleep. Yes it was only about midnight but this Momma is tired!!!

Well along with the rest of the world we are getting ready for Christmas. Okay well I guess the Jewish people are getting ready for Hanukkah and others are getting ready for Kwanza but you know what I mean. We had snow day in the neighborhood and it was a blast. Matt and his friends threw snowballs at each other, I had hot chocolate and Marlie screamed at Santa! When I asked her afterwards about Santa she would say "uh-oh Santa". Not sure exactly what that means except that she doesn't like him one bit.

We took pictures this morning for our Christmas card and I won't ruin the surprise by posting the one we picked, but I have to post some others. And although I wasn't really up for being in the picture this year it was necessary to keep the kids in place. I was thinking...and then Doug said it...that we feel like we've aged 10 years in this last year. These were some of the better pictures we got of Matt and Marlie together...you'll see why they didn't make the card.
This was our test picture. Maybe Mom and Dad should ask Santa for some gas logs!

Here's an "okay we have to smile but are tired of this...cheese".

Here are few with us and Matt. Marlie would not cooperate so we don't even have any blog-worthy pictures of her to post.

No comments: