Sunday, December 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

My Mom was headed out of town for vacation so we celebrated Christmas a little early. After a wonderful meal (thank you Doug) and a birthday cake for Jesus we opened gifts. Matt couldn't wait but I think I was even more excited. Matt did pretty good giving gifts out. Of course he kept asking where his were but I tried my best to teach him it was about "giving". Marlie did pretty good too. She kept saying "open, open" and was SO excited about everything she got. Here's Marlie with her baby that she fed and put to sleep all night. How strange that a 1 1/2 year old girl is playing the "momma" role. I'm amazed. Also notice she's sporting her new Nikes that Daddy bought her. Dad is addicted to shoes and it's rubbing off on Matt. Now he's working on Marlie! Here's Matt opening a Texans helmet and uniform from Dad and I. He loved it! He's been wearing it all weekend. Notice the Tom Brady jersey he's wearing. That was his first gift that Daddy bought him. He wore it the next day and told the ladies at the store "but I'm not as handsome as Tom Brady". They all laughed and of course told him he was!

And here is Matt opening up his BIG TRUCK from Nene. He loved it!

We all had fun! Uncle Jay and Lynette were with us and bought the kids some wonderful presents! Thank you! Nene gave us some money so we can finally put gas logs in our fireplace and I got my new Jason Mraz CD so I'm happy as a lark. We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and get to spend it with children!! The looks on their faces are as if God is smiling right at us!

No comments: