Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's Pumpkin Time!

After the kids were in bed a few weeks ago I put up our Fall decorations. That next morning Matt came downstairs and yelled "it's pumpkin time"! So last weekend we drove all the way downtown to the pumpkin patch we've gone to for the last few years only to find that there were hardly any pumpkins left and the ones they had looked like they had some sort of pumpkin disease. Even the kids noticed. No kidding these were the first pics we took. Their faces say "Mom really...you drove us all the way here for this?" Good thing they can't really express their thoughts yet. My Mom of the Year award would have been revoked for sure.

Pics from the pumpkin patch are my FAVORITE of the entire year. So we managed a few pictures but none turned out great since the pumpkins looked sick. Look at the one below with Matt and the diseased pumpkin....

At some point this is just comical. But we managed to have fun and at least we walked away with a few little pumpkins that still looked disease free. We attempted a few family pics and the kids thought it was funny to put the pumpkins on our heads which I thought was fabulous.


Nene came with us and these pics turned out the best of course because I took them. Nene was a little scared of these pumpkins too!

We also hit 3 Fall Festivals! Yes I said 3! And poor Marlie was sick as a dog all week! We thought she was getting better and this past Saturday we went to our neighborhood Fall Festival. One minute she was dancing with all the little girls near the DJ and the next she's throwing up in the bushes. I thought those stories would come when she was in college, not at 16 months. But Matt had a blast and I love to see him smile like this. I'm afraid some sweet girl will get scammed by this smile one day. So with Marlie sick we never made it to another pumpkin patch. But as I'm writing this I just realized that I have the cutest outfit that was passed down from our cousins that I completely forgot about. If it fits her we're just going to have to put it on and make another trip back to the patch. Doug will kill me for sure. I can't believe I just remembered that. I should be fired as a Mom. You'll see why on the next blog when you see her in it.

Baseball game was great again this weekend. Parents were grumpy because it was 8:00am and pretty cold. Kids did great though. We were SO proud that Matt stayed on his feet during the game. No rolling all the way to first base. He was pretty proud of himself too! One step at a time!



1 comment:

Nicole said...

Those pictures of them looking at the janky old pumpkins are hilarious.