Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Wedding

Well this weekend we took a real road trip down to Zapata, TX for my cousins wedding. Road trip = fun right? Well not when you have a 3 and 1 year old. My perfect baby girl decided she would cry half of the way there. This is at least a 6 hour drive so in case you're not good at math that's 3 hours! It was like Chinese torture. And we counted....Matt said "Why?" 9,752 times on the trip...okay we really didn't count. But it was worth it to see all our family! The wedding was beautiful. Congratulations to my cousin Mario and welcome Mariamada to our crazy but amazing family! My Granny is quite old but still fairly heathly. We love each time we get to see her. When someone asked if she knew who I was she said, "No, but I know she's one of mine". That's just too cute and so is she.

I've devoted a lot of this blog to Marlie thus far but don't you worry....in real life Matt demands about 83% of our attention at all times! Let me tell you that my son is truly a rock star. We first realized this at my very dear friend Yuvette's reception. We hadn't planned on taking Matt that night but decided last minute we should because our babysitter (aka my Mom) wasn't feeling well. So she took Marlie and off we went with Matt. Note that my kids are in bed by 8:30 so any events after that time are pretty much destined to be disasters. So back to the wedding......Matt was the first one on the dance floor and at 11:00 he didn't want to stop. I think he provided entertainment for the 300 guests that were laughing hysterically at him. He is so serious about it and his moves are so wild.

So he was excited about this wedding. But when we showed up church he walked in and asked why no one was dancing. Then they played this upbeat Mexican music right before communion - odd but kinda fun - and he immediately jumped in the aisle and started dancing. So as you can imagine he danced his heart out at the wedding until midnight. When we finally got back to the hotel he said "partying makes you tired". At least he wasn't toasted like my fabulous husband who drank a little too much Crown and Coke. Let me note for the record that my husband is blast when he has a little buzz so all was good. Except when he tried to help 2 little 9ish year olds dance together not realizing that they were actually related.

Anyway the weekend was great and to top it all off Miss Marlie got the cutest gifts from her Godparents for her first birthday. From earrings to cute outfits to dresses and shoes....she puts Miranda in the Devil Wears Prada to shame! Thank you guys so much for everything!




2 comments:

The Mills Gang said...

I didn't know you guys were blogging. Cara told me your blog address today. You have a beautiful family and I hope I get to meet them one day!

Jeff Mills

Unknown said...

Ok wow! I was googling myself (it's about 2:30 and Mario is snoring away) and was quite taken to see my name. Thank you so much for everything! I hope the wedding was a positive experience, save for the actual trip down-lol. Hope all is well. I have some cute pictures that I would love to send to you if you like, of your family. Take care and God Bless.
-Mariamada