Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trip to Great Exuma

Well as you may or may not know I decided this year that I was going to retire from Continental. So we wanted to take one last trip with our flight benefits. The original plan was for Doug and I to get away. My Mom kindly agreed to watch the kids and then we thought.....it would be even better if she watched them on our vacation. Then we can have the best of both worlds. So last minute we found open flights to Great Exuma and I lucked into the greatest house on the beach. This house couldn't have been more perfect for us. The views were spectacular and the beach was heavenly. We'd wake up in the morning and eat breakfast, then head to the beach. When we got hungry we'd come up to the deck and have lunch. Then we napped and spent late afternoons back on the beach. The water was so warm in the evenings and the beach was shaded so it was perfect. Then we'd eat dinner back on the deck and dance around the house to Bahamian music afterwards. We'd put Marlie to bed and when it was dark we'd grab blankets and cuddle on the beach chairs just off the deck. The stars were amazing! Doug and I saw a shooting star that was so close to us. Matt had fun watching for shooting stars too although I'm not sure he really saw one.

I could go on for hours about this vacation. In the past when we've taken the kids on a trip we've come home and agreed they weren't traveling with us until Marlie was at least 3. But this was just different. Partly because my Mom helped us SO much. It wouldn't have been as wonderful without the kids or my Mom. But maybe next time Doug and I will go up one night before on our own! We WILL go back to that house again. Which is surprising because you know I'm a one-night-stand traveler. There are so many wonderful places in this world to see that I don't like to spend time revisiting places I've been. But we will for sure go back to Great Exuma and rent this house again.

If you'd like any info please send me an email at pamela_maziur@yahoo.com. I'm pretty sure I missed my calling and should have been a travel planner. I LOVE to plan vacations and would be happy to plan your Exuma trip.

This picture pretty much says it all. There are a few others in the slideshow but this is by far the best.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Pamela!!

Matt and Marlie are absolutely adorable!! Congrats on making the big move from Continental. I know it was a hard decision but being with the kids more is going to be sooo worth it!! Matt needs to start his modeling career like YESTERDAY!!! Can we say good looks = college FUND???!!!! :-)

I'm looking forward to keeping up with the Maziurs!!

-Ashley White