Friday, November 15, 2013

What a Great Weekend!

Last weekend was so awesome for many reasons...

It started early which is always good.  We decided to go to the Baylor vs. OU game Thursday night in Waco.  At first I thought the kids were just excited because I was picking them up early from school.  Then I thought they were just excited that we were staying in a hotel.  But they were still excited when we got to Baylor and walked around campus.  I loved taking them there and Doug and I got to take a quick trip down memory lane.  So much has changed and so much is still the same.  I still think it's one of the most beautiful college campuses but I'm sure I'm biased. 
What has definitely changed (thank goodness) is the bear pit!  It's so much nicer and the kids enjoyed watching the bears. 
Then it was off to Floyd Casey stadium for the big game.  I was afraid it was going to be too cold but it was perfectly cold football weather.  We bundled up and I bought the kids a few fun things to keep them warm.  It was blackout night and the fans did a great job because the stadium was full of lots of black!
The game was great!  We stood the entire time and cheered.  Marlie almost fell out in the 4th quarter but we perked her back up with some popcorn.  Our Bears won and proved to the football world that they're the real deal.

We slept in Friday and drove home to make it for the last half of school.  At the school carnival Matt had won a chance to hang out with Mr. Jeffery our Asst. Principal so he invited his friend Micah and they played games and ate candy and popcorn after school.  The boys had a blast.  In the mean time I took Marlie and her very sweet boy-friend Patrick to Tutti Fruitti.  They were hilarious.  Patrick told me that he wished he were in 5th grade because he would be closer to being able to get married! Normally this would have freaked me out but Patrick is the sweetest, smartest, most kind 6 year old boy I have ever met.  His Mom is absolutely amazing too so I'd be happy to arrange this marriage!
Saturday morning we were up early for soccer games.  Both M&M and their teams played great.  Matt scored 2 goals and the boys worked together as a team so well!  Marlie I think scored 3, but my favorite were the big hugs with friends after the goals.  The girls are finally coming around so by the end of the season they will be ready! :)

Saturday was date day with the kids.  Doug took Marlie to Disney on Ice and she loved it.  Doug said it wasn't painful and I know he really enjoyed his time with Marlie.  The kids always love being with Dad because he splurges on good seats and all the random crap they sell at the event.  When they came home Matt said, "you sure gotta lot of stuff". 
I took Matt to the Dynamo playoff game which was a lot of fun too!  Unlike Dad we had good seats, not great and I packed all our Halloween candy in my purse!! I love the Dynamo games because of the small stadium, music, singing, cheering...it's always a fun event.  Although I guess they have to make it fun because as in this game, we left with a score of 0-0! Complete torture.  Matt thanked me at least 5 times that day and I loved every minute with him all to myself! 
We got Chinese take out because Matt wanted to come home to watch the Alabama vs. LSU game so we ate and watched the game in our pj's.  I even let him sleep in our bed too and he couldn't have been happier. 

I love, love my babies and all the fun things we can do now that they're older.  I really don't want them to grow up.  Trying to take in each moment!

No comments: