Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dewberry Farms

This post is dated but I couldn't resist sharing the pics and the fun moments. 

A few weekends ago the kids got to pick a friend to take to Dewberry Farms.  As usual we had to get through a few soccer games and make the trek out there but it was totally worth it!

Caden and Khloe joined us and we all had so much fun.  I gave everyone strict instructions on staying together at all times so the girls walked in like this...
 Of course I had to stop them at the entrance for a pic!
We did as many fun things as we could.  Sometimes the boys stuck together and the girls did their thing and sometimes they had fun altogether.
 As we were waiting in line to grab lunch I saw a little house that said "The Black Hole".  This was something included with the kid's wristband so the girls and I went over to see what it was.  The man said they would be fine to go in by themselves.  People were going in and coming out fairly quickly and they were all amazed.  So I told the girls to go get the boys.  I paired them up and gave the boys the responsibility of being in charge.  Matt with Khloe (because he'd probably leave Marlie in a heartbeat) and Caden with Marlie.  They were kinda nervous and excited so in they went.  About 3 seconds later they all came back out.  The girls were scared.  I somehow convinced Marlie to go back in and Caden said she caught up with him and grabbed his hand (too cute).  Khloe stayed outside with me until the 3 came out and said it was awesome.  So she and Marlie went back in together. 

We all sat down and had pizza for lunch.  I didn't realize how much of bonding moment that experience was until we went "gem mining".  The boys tried it while the girls were in the ladies room.  When we came out the boys were SO excited to help the girls with the project.  It was really cute and for sure my favorite part of the day.
After we had done everything possible (well except for the corn maze because last time it took awhile to get out and I started feeling claustrophobic!) we headed out to the pumpkin patch.  The pumpkins were all picked over and the leftovers were in pretty bad shape, but we still managed a few good pics. 
Doug and I had so much fun watching the kids have fun.  Even though it was a long day, everyone was so good.  Can't wait to do it again next year! 

No comments: