Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy Halloween!

We were expecting a huge storm on Halloween so I asked the kids what we were going to do and Matt looked at me like I was crazy and said, "get an umbrella".  I thought we were all going to have to dress up as ghosts with white trash bags over us! Well, thankfully the rain stopped just in time to trick-or-treat. 

Somehow I have still managed to convince the kids to dress up in a similar theme.  Marlie wanted to be a pop star so I asked Matt if he wanted to be rock star.  He said no until I told him we could spike all of his hair up and spray it blue and then he was all in.  Doug said he just looked like a kid with wild hair...so I guess you need to use your imagination. 
I love how Doug always finds some random article of clothing to wear on Halloween.  If you remember he wore his Baylor track outfit a few years ago after we had beat ATM.  You gotta love his hat this year. 
And we are thankful to Nene who always comes over to make sure we have someone at home to hand out candy!
Just in case it rained we had plan B - decorate pumpkins and make monster cupcakes.  So we fit that in too! 
The kids and Nene had fun with the cupcakes.  Here are their creations. The first are Matt's followed by Marlie's.  Nene's were good too but the picture didn't come out.  Too bad because she was the most proud of hers I think. 
We were so excited that Caden joined us for the festivities too and that we got to see other friends including Lyla along the way!

My favorite quotes of the night were...first Marlie runs away home from a house after getting a candy and said the lady looked just like a witch...however she was NOT dressed up...yikes!  Then at the end of the night a little girl (maybe Marlie's age) looked at Caden and said "what are you?" Of all the costumes his might have been the most obvious!  Poor thing has no clue what football is. Bless her future husband.

Our neighborhood was definitely more quiet this year than it's ever been so we're going to have to make up for it next year!  Happy Halloween!

No comments: