Monday, September 26, 2011

Soccer Saturday

We couldn't wait for Soccer Saturday!  Although I don't have pictures I have a funny, funny story!!

But first let me tell you about Matt's game.  I think he scored 3 goals in the first 5 minutes so he sat out for awhile.  I think he ended up with 6 goals but I'm not certain.  The BEST play though was Matt diving into their goal so that they wouldn't score.  He was a second too late but the effort was unreal. 

Marlie played on the field with Katie, our ringer, so she might have had 2 goals but I think it was actually Katie who kicked them in.  At one point Marlie was playing defense, standing by the other team's goal and she motioned like an umpire calling someone safe and said "this goal is not open".  When the other team did score she ran back to the center of the field, looked at the sidelines and with hands on hips, scrunched down and a mad face said, "This is not funny!".  I have no idea why she said that but all you could hear was laughter from our sidelines.  Oh my!!! 

I will "try" to get some of these things on video so I can share them with you.  Doug and I are LOVING this!

No comments: