Saturday, October 8, 2011

Soccer Fans

Last weekend we had lots of fans here to cheer on M&M...Gram & Papa Howie came to watch...
Nene was here, but Nene is almost always here to watch...she's like me and doesn't want to miss a second! 
Grandpa and Uncle Jay were here and Uncle Jay sported his Fairy Ponies shirt!  Marlie thought that was awesome!

And of course the biggest fans, Mom & Dad!
Matt has had good competition these last 2 games.  He scored 3 goals last week and 2 goals today.  He works so hard out there and we are so proud of him.  His teammates are also doing really well and scoring goals too!

Marlie has lost a bit of fire but did score a goal last week and was very proud of herself! Today her game was at 1:00pm which is usually nap time so it's understandable that she was not too excited.  Mrs. Patty brought an ice chest FULL of snacks and she mostly enjoyed eating those!  But she did run to the goal and blocked the other team from scoring.  They finally ended up getting it in but she was still so proud of herself! And then I think she might have been talking smack to the girl who scored.  Yikes...I saw her mad face and she was chatting.  I couldn't hear so hopefully it wasn't bad.  Oh my! 

Other than soccer we are busy with school!  Matt is reading like a champ.  Honestly I can't believe how well he is reading and I've never really worked with him at home on letter sounds or sight words.  I owe it all to his teachers starting in PreK-4!  Marlie and I read a book today and she was trying to read too.  She did pretty well! 

We are getting excited about Fall Festivals and Halloween.  Matt wants to be a football player which is perfect because Santa brought us football pants, a helmet and a jersey so we are all set!  I tried to get Marlie to go as Dorothy (from the Wizard of Oz - she would make the cutest Dorothy ever) but no luck.  So then I tried the Texans cheerleader route because M&M would look adorable together but no luck.  She wants to be a pirate...Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  It was Bat girl last year.  I don't think she'll ever want to be a princess. She told me the other day that "princesses are boring".  Sigh....

No comments: