Monday, September 6, 2010

The Hatters are Here!

After a long drive Friday night the Hatters arrived!  We have had those long journeys back and forth to SA, so we know how exhausting they can be, and with 3 kids the Hatters still came to see us!  We were so happy! 

The kids were so excited for Cale and Hayden (we ended up combining them into 1 person and calling them Caden because we're use to that name) and Baby Livi to come.  I planned for an easy weekend since the kids outnumbered the adults but you would have never known that 5 kids were in my house!  They were all so good and played together well. 

We spent Saturday morning at the pool and the kids had fun!  Hayden loved the slides and even Baby Livi was kicking like crazy.  When I asked Cale if I could take him down the slide he politely responded "no thank you". We took a nice long nap afterwards and later that night went to Tutti Frutti to make our own froyo! 

I took the girls for a walk in the wagon.  It was one of the highlights of the weekend for me.  They were so cute!  They talked the entire walk about what I like to call "very important nonsense".  It's like they had known each other forever!
In this picture it looks like they are all actually playing this game.  I don't think they were but they were so cute and amazingly quiet. 
We tried to take a PJ pic but this is as good as it gets.  Although Matt has his eyes closed in the second pic I love Hayden's expression as her and Marlie exchange glances.  

Other than my walk with the girls, here's what else I loved about the weekend:
  • Adult conversation until 2:30am with friends we have had since junior high!
  • Matt said his favorite part of the weekend was when Cale was trying to tackle him.  I was so proud that Matt was so sweet and gentle with him.  That's not my typical Matt so I love to see that. 
  • Cale called Matt "my brother" all weekend.  Sunday morning I asked Cale if I could help him with something and he said "no thank you, my brother will". 
  • When I ask Marlie if she wants a little brother or sister she does not hesitate to respond with a definite NO.   And just in case you're wondering...no we are not having 3!  But Marlie was so good with Baby Livi.  She brought her toys and would try to hug and kiss her.  There was no personal space so Baby Livi had Miss Marlie up close for a good part of the weekend!
  • Matt also attached himself right to Mr. Shawn.  Matt was his shadow. 
Thank you Hatters for coming to see us.  Your kids are adorable and we had so much fun!

No comments: