Saturday, April 25, 2009

Old MacDonald's Farm

Grandpa came up this weekend and wanted to take the kids to Old MacDonald's Farm. It's a little place near us with animals, a train and such. If they put about $50K into that place it would be awesome. But they charge quite a bit and it's always crowded so I guess they don't feel the need. Anyway...they have a train that runs around the property and every time I'm on it I can't stop singing "I think I can, I think I can". But the kids love it. AND most importantly they have ponies the kids can ride as many times as they want so that's typically why I give in to going there. Matt said he had to put on his "cowboy uniform" before we left the house!!

I have to stop here and give props to my little Marlie. No fear. She went right up with food in her hand to feed the animals and pet almost any that she could. If I remember Matt at this age he'd scream like a girl!!! Luckily he's come around!

Here are the kids feeding the deer. Unfortunately the deer must have been super full because they just turned their heads and looked at us like "would you please leave me alone". I'm pretty sure I have that look at times!

And of course....we rode the ponies several times. Honestly I could sit there all day and watch them ride. Matt hops on with this air of confidence that's really neat. Marlie opens her arms for some stranger to pick her up and put her on the horse because she's so excited. Here they are waiting patiently for their first ride!
Then they were off to the races!



The had a few little sheep and goats that even I liked!
And I'm not sure what the subject was but Marlie was talking about something being "this big momma". I am amazed at how well she communicates!
We had a great time. Thank you Grandpa for taking us!

No comments: