Friday, July 15, 2016

Elite Nationals

This year Marlie decided she wanted to tryout for the Elite dance team at her studio instead of playing sports. I'm still not sure I like this decision. I really missed watching her on the soccer and softball field. But I also really enjoyed watching her 2 elite dances this year - The Big Dollhouse and Bathing Beauties.
  
We left on June 29th to San Antonio for a full weekend of dance! At this competition, Marlie's age group was going to have to dance in the junior division for both their team dances and their solos.  That meant as a 9 year old, Marlie would be competing against other teams and dancers up to age 12.  So we went with the idea of having fun and not expecting to come away with any wins. Well...Big Dollhouse came in 2nd place and Bathing Beauties came in 1st place in the junior competitive division. Both dances were SO good and I was so proud of our girls. 

Ms.Yvette did an amazing job with the choreography for Big Dollhouse. Each girl had a part and she made it flow with the dance. Technically it was almost perfect. I hope to get a video at some point to post. I was so glad Marlie had the opportunity to be a part of this team.
Ms. Jordan put all her heart and soul into Bathing Beauties. It is the cutest dance I've ever seen and I'm sure that's why it won 1st place! The girls even made it to the Winner's Circle and Showcase and performed it again twice on Sunday. I didn't get a video from Nationals but here is there performance earlier in the year...
All of our family got to watch Marlie dance in San Antonio which she LOVED! Thank you all for coming to watch her. Papa and Nona Lisa even made it to the showcase but sadly we didn't get a picture!
The girls had so much fun throughout the year and Marlie was lucky to be on teams with such sweet, talented and funny young ladies. 
 

No comments: