Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School

I can't believe that summer is over. As usual it went by so fast! I was beating myself up because we didn't do as much as I wanted to but then I thought about it and the kid's actually did quite a bit. 

Marlie is still too young for most camps but she did get to do a cheer camp and did ballet, tap and jazz with her friend Katie.  She also started gymnastics again so she had plenty to keep her busy.

Matt did some really neat camps this summer.  He started off at the Dynamo soccer camp, then camp at Baseball USA with Uncle Jay, baseball camp at ATM, Jr. paleontologist camp at the museum and then finished up with tennis camp.  Matt also continued with his guitar lessons and did gymnastics with Marlie. 

I was excited for them to start school today but also a bit sad that we can't be lazy just a tad longer.  The kids are finally learning to sleep in a little - a few days it was 8:30am! The kids were pretty excited this morning but very tired too.  We were at school early and I got this really cute pic.  Marlie seemed annoyed that I stopped them for the picture.  I thought she'd be nervous!
We went to Matt's class first.  He was a tad nervous but sat right down and started doing what he was assigned to do.  I snapped a cute pic of him and his teacher, Mrs. Hathorn as well as his sweet friend Micah.  As I went to kiss Matt good-bye I got all teary-eyed.  What a man this little guy has become.  I'm so proud of him!
Then it was off to take Marlie to Mrs. Grady's class.  We are so happy to have her as a teacher again this year.  Wow does it help a Mom on the first day of her baby's trip to Kinder knowing her teacher is fabulous!  I wanted lots of hugs and kisses like Marlie usually gives but she sat down and again seemed annoyed that Dad and I hung around the room for a bit.  I can never predict what she will do!  Doug managed to snap one picture of her and I when she was being silly.  I sure hope she had a good day because she came home very cranky!!
Thank you in advance to our teachers.  We are excited about the year and know how hard you work every day!  I hope everyone else had a great "first day of school"!

No comments: