Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas Take I

The kids had their Christmas program at school and it was pretty funny really.  We rushed from ballet to make it and while most kids were all decked out in whatever sort of attire they were supposed to wear, we were just happy to be there on time with something sort of appropriate. 

Marlie's class went first.  Yes, that is a "halo" on her head in case you're wondering.  Marlie was front and center and did she put on a show!  Someone told them in practice that they had to sing loud so the people in the back of the church could hear them and she practically screamed all the songs.  Her face had a happy/mad/angry look to it.  Everyone was laughing and we got lots of funny comments afterwards. 
For those who have heard her talk about her boyfriend Hayden...this is the man!
Since Matt is 5 now, he is a little too cool for these things already.  He did go through the motions but not with near as much spunk as his little sister or as much as he had last year.  I noticed most of the other boys had the same expression on their faces..."do I really have to do this?".  And he was a Shepard but I'm sure by the fancy costume which consisted of an over sized brown shirt and some old sandals from Hawaii you can tell!
The kids had their class parties and again I played the running back and forth game.  I timed it all horribly and managed to miss both of them opening their gifts.  Oh well, they didn't seem to mind because they know so many other parents that were there too.  I didn't get any good pics at Marlie's party.  Probably because they are 3 and getting a good picture with her friends is like trying to herd cats.  But I got a few cute ones at Matt's.  Here's a pic of Matt and Hannah giving Ms. Marchesani a book they made for her.  It was a cute photo album with a monogrammed "M" on the front.  Inside they drew pictures for her and also put dessert recipes and gift cards.  She loved it and they were SO excited to give it to her.  FYI...when asked if he had a girlfriend this Christmas Matt would respond "yes" and said it was Hannah.  Hannah and Hayden are brother and sister.  Hmm...a double wedding could save us money :) AND we like their parents!

1 comment:

Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said...

I'll get those pics of Matt opening his present soon! As soon as I get them off my camera - I am WAY behind this year!