Sunday, December 19, 2010

Marlie's First Recital

Marlie has had a lot of "firsts" this year but this one tops them all.  She had her first recital! The girls did 2 dances and Marlie knew the steps to both without any help.  I wish I could post the video on the blog but I need to learn how to cut it shorter and I haven't gotten that far yet!  She was so excited and did great.  She smiled and wasn't scared or shy at all!  It probably helped the her friend Avery was with her.  These two girls are adorable.  And yes...I had to fight tears for the performance.  Silly, but I have dreamt all my life of having a little girl to do these things with and it is more than a dream come true.  It's a huge blessing from above. 
Of all the pictures I think Marlie was most excited to take one with Miss Jasmine her teacher! 

Afterwards we headed back to the school for the Gingerbread Extravaganza that Melissa worked like crazy putting together to raise money for the Annual Fund.  She did an amazing job and the kids had so much fun decorating gingerbread houses.  I didn't get a shot of the room all decorated but it sort of looked like the Gaylord Texan it was so nice!
And here's the kids with the Great American Cookie who was one of the event sponsors.  Thank you to Melissa and Joel, all the parent volunteers and our sponsors for helping with this event!!

No comments: