Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grandma Krug

This post is long overdue for many reasons. This year has gotten off to a crazy start. We've been sick and working like crazy! And mostly, I wanted to dedicate this posting my Grandma Krug who passed away on Christmas day. The Maziur family jumped on a plane last minute to head to Wisconsin. It was a beautiful funeral and the most wonderful part was when my Grandfather sang a song that he had written for her. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. To say it was beautiful is a complete understatement. We were all so fascinated that no one got it on video. I was hoping to have the words at least to post but don't have them yet. But I promise you they will come. Here is a picture of me and my Grandma at our wedding.

Grandma Krug had suffered from Parkinson's disease for many years so we all felt it was a blessing that now she is in heaven and pain free. It was a wonderful celebration and we all had so much fun visiting with family. We were hoping to take the kids tubing while we were there but it was less than 20 degrees most days and sometimes in the single digits. So we played outside instead and had just as much fun. Matt and Marlie made snow angels and thought that was super cool!
Here are a few pics of the kids with Great Grandpa...
Thank you to Great Grandpa and my aunt and uncles for taking such good care of Grandma these last few years. And to my cousins for helping her to continue to communicate. She was very blessed to have you all in her life. And thank you to my Grandma for making our summer trips to Wisconsin every year so memorable. I love you tons!

No comments: