Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Smart Babies

I know everyone thinks their kids are the smartest ever and well, I do too. Now I'll be honest, our dog Hannah, not the brightest but she's so sweet that you can't help but love her.

Marlie was singing on the way to school (as we normally do) but she was singing on her own this time and after about 30 seconds I realized it was Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star!!! Then tonight in her bath she said her ABC's....not kidding...no it wasn't perfect, but she hit almost every letter and then drifted off until the "sing with me" at the end. She is fabulous.

Matt and I had the best conversation the other day, also on the way to school. It went something like this:

Matt: Mom I told Gerry (friend at school) that I have a motorcycle at home
Mom: Matt you don't have a motorcycle
Matt: But I want one
Mom: Sweetie sorry to break it to you but you won't ever have a motorcycle because they are too dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt
Matt: But I like dangerous things Mom
Mom: Oh you do? (Matt typically screams like a girl when he falls or is scared so that comment is hilarious and SO untrue)
Matt: Yes. Mom I will promise to be careful and will wear a helmet with a mask over my face
Mom: I'm sorry sweetie -not gonna happen
Matt: Well I have an idea. What if I ride on the front and you ride on the back? Is that a good idea Mom?
Mom: You want me to ride your motorcycle with you?
Matt: Yea
Mom: And you will take care of me and make sure I don't get hurt?
Matt: I will take care of you Mom

So there you have it. My gorgeous son will one day be on his Harley with his Mom hugging him tightly as we ride along!

Sorry no pictures. It's been a busy month recovering from Christmas, catching up with work, trying to put a T-Ball team together with kids from our neighborhood, planning a vacation (not until May but I'm counting down the days, planning a girls trip, getting Marlie signed up for gymnastics, etc. Might be out for awhile but will return of course with other great stories! Stay tuned!

No comments: