Wednesday, September 3, 2008

But It's My Birthday Week

Those were Matt's words when we told him it wasn't his birthday anymore. Seems that the celebration went on for weeks! Sunday August 31st was his actual birthday and we had a really great day. Gustav scared my brother out of Lafayette, Louisiana which meant that he spent the weekend in Houston. Matt was SO excited and talked baseball nonstop. We went to church in the morning and then to Le Peep....our favorite place to have blueberry pancakes. By the way....Marlie loves blueberries and actually says "booberry" pretty good. It's so cute. Then we went to see the butterflies at the museum.

Now Matt has several sets of Grandparents so he has quite a bit for a child his age. So when it came time to figure out what to get him for his birthday I was stumped. The only thing he wishes for when we throw coins in fountains is a horse and well....that's not ever going to happen. But he's also fascinated with "cowboys" so I thought we should buy him some wranglers and a cowboy shirt to match his great uncles. So we took a quick trip to Cavendars, which honestly I hadn't been to in years. Brought back memories from my "cowgirl" days in high school. So we got our first pair of Wranglers and a pearl snap shirt. He couldn't wait to put it on. We were outside in 100 degree heat in this outfit

My little cowboy is growing up fast. He seems older than 3. I LOVE the stage we're in right now. Please don't let it end! This is what life is all about.



No comments: