Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boys and Girls Weekend

So the boys headed to Chicago this weekend. Both Doug's Mom and Dad are originally from Chicago and most of Doug's extended family is there. Doug's tall and beautiful cousin Holly got married at Lake Geneva so the boys went to party while the girls stayed home (don't worry we partied too....you'll see those pics shortly).

I got a call on Thursday from Doug saying that their flight was 2 hours delayed here in Houston. Then Matt jumps on the phone to tell me that they are at Fox Sports Bar and asked if I could buy him eye-black for his baseball game. I wasn't sure if I was talking to a 3 year old or a thirteen year old but I could tell that my boys were already having fun.

They had a great time in Lake Geneva and enjoyed visiting all the family. Here are a few pics of Matt with his cousins and oh look....they stumbled across a place where they could ride horses. Could life get any better? Yes you will notice Matt in the same cowboy outfit from my last posting. You can't get these clothes off him!
Marlie and I spent the weekend in Houston. My Tia and Granny came up from Laredo along with my Uncle Johnny to watch Romancing Mary run in her big race. She came in 4th and I think she did great. She is a beautiful horse. And little Marlie had the time of her life at the races. She was almost as excited as Matt usually is and pointed at the horses all night and said "horse". Uncle Jay was in town again this weekend with his girlfriend Lynette so we got to spend time with them too.
I couldn't wait to pick up my boys from the airport Sunday night. Matt was excited to give me my prize that he bought for me.....a pink Cubs hat... and he had a giraffe for Marlie too. I kept Matt home with me on Monday because he had gotten in so late the night before. Oh heck...I just really missed him and wanted to spend some time with him. We had so many errands to run and he helped me the entire time. I am amazed at how helpful he can be.

Well I should wrap this up. There is just always so much to say. I will say quickly that Marlie is talking up a storm. The cutest thing now is she says "thank you" every time you give her something. It's so wonderful! We're preparing for Ike so please keep everyone in the line of the storm in your prayers!

No comments: