Friday, May 1, 2015

Hoppy Easter!

We stayed home for Easter this year.  We had been traveling so much and last minute Doug had a meeting out of town on Good Friday. Kids were bummed that they couldn't go to see their cousins so we had a few friends over and had a great time!

We had a really good and spiritual Good Friday.  We started the day at St. Martha's church where Marlie and her friend Lauren did their First Reconciliation.  They were a little nervous but were all smiles when they came out. 
After brunch at the new Egg & I in the neighborhood we had an Easter egg hunt at our house. The boys gave me specific instructions to make it hard for them so I did!
The girls found all their eggs and the boys almost gave up because they couldn't find all of theirs and couldn't think of where else to look!!  They told me to make it hard!!! Afterwards we colored eggs and waited for the Patton's to come over to do another egg hunt with cascarones.  I had a ton of cascarones and Gayle brought some too, but I forget how old our kids are now and they found them and cracked them in about 5 minutes!  It was awesome!
I love this series of pictures. We are down to a few eggs left and Matt & Brady are in a standoff.
 Caden & Cole sneak in to run interference and as they do Marlie goes after Caden!
 This is my favorite action shot. Love the smile on Matt and Cole's faces. 
 They had fun. Next time I'll get 10 dozen cascarones so the fun lasts longer!! 
To end the night we went to Pappas Seafood House for dinner and then to Second Baptist to do the Stations of the Cross.  It was a really wonderful day. Amen! Happy Easter!

No comments: