Thursday, February 26, 2015

Marlie Takes 1st Place for her Solo!

Marlie wanted to do a solo dance again this year and after trying to talk her out of it at least 15 times, I reluctantly said yes.  I mean I love watching her perform, but...it means an extra trip to the studio every week (which isn't near our house) for a 30 minute practice, finding a cute costume that is comfortable for Marlie and doesn't require 500 rhinestones to be added, a few additional competitions to attend where it takes Mom at least an hour to get hair and make up done, and the fact that after 2 years of this I still can't figure out how to put her hair into a bun so it makes me nervous every time I do it!! 

But I decided it was worth it when she performed for the first time in December.  It was early in the season and she knocked it out of the park!!!  She had the biggest smile on her face the whole time and I enjoyed watching her sweet teacher Clara run up to Marlie and give her the biggest hug!  The smile on Clara's face was priceless too!  Love my little Spanish dancer!
I think the reason she really likes her solo is that she gets to spend time with Clara. Clara has picked a great song for Marlie and choreographed a fun dance that totally fits Marlie's personality.  The first pic is my favorite. Clara gave Marlie this sweatshirt last year.  It is Clara's Strutter sweatshirt from when she was Marlie's age and now she's a junior in high school!!!  Too sweet!!!
This may be the most exciting picture of them all!! Here are Clara and Marlie with their first 1st place trophy!!! Marlie won for her age group and both of them were so excited!!! Marlie got to perform her dance again for everyone at the awards ceremony.  It was lots of fun!  
Here are all the Strutters who won at this competition.  Marlie was so excited to be a part of the group! 
Matt, Daddy and I were so proud too! 
Marlie has had a blast with all of her friends too.  I like how she screams at the top of her lungs for them when they perform.  It's a loud screeching sound like no other (like nails on a chalkboard!). I may have to teach her how to cheer loud!!!
2 more competitions to go before the dance year is over.  Marlie I'm so proud of you and how hard you've worked.  Thanks a million to Clara for working with Marlie and being so patient!!