Tuesday, August 5, 2014

20 Year Reunion

So Doug and I had our 20th high school reunion a few weekends ago.  That sounds like we're old but I don't really feel that old...well at least that's what I initially thought. 

As the date got closer I questioned going.  Seemed like a lot of effort to drive to San Antonio, get someone to watch the kids, find something to wear...ok yes I'm old and lazy. And then to actually get myself together!  Whew! It takes a lot more effort these days to try to NOT look old. 

We spent the weekend with the Hatters (which is always way too fun!) and the Zunkers also joined us.  It is always a treat to be around these families that we have known for years! I've known Daniel since Kinder, Shawn since junior high and Nicole and Doug since high school.  Daniel's wife Amy is the only one we didn't go to school with but we feel like we've known her for forever too.  She is such a trooper to laugh with us as we reminisce about all the nonsense we did growing up. 
On our way both Daniel and I were wondering why we didn't just all go have a nice dinner together. Then we remembered that Nicole helped plan this whole thing and she might kill us if we bailed.  And I'm glad because once we got there it was SO much fun! It was awesome to see so many old friends.  And since I'm not on Facebook it literally was all new to me! 

I was super excited to see my dear friend Cyndi! Cyndi, Daniel and I  have been friends since Kinder. Cyndi's Mom was the PE Coach at our elementary school and Daniel's Mom was the nurse.  You know we don't keep in touch enough but I do love these people a ton and it's almost as if we picked up where we left off years ago. 
Nicole, Ann and I cheered together in high school and I hadn't seen Ann in forever.  I loved that I got to give her a big hug and chat with her hubby Doug for awhile. 
It was a really great night and I'm so glad I got to catch up with everyone.  Thank you to Nicole, Ann and everyone else who worked so hard to put this fun night together! 

On Sunday the kids got to swim for a bit. Marlie, Hayden and Livi were too cute so I actually managed to get out of my seat, get my real camera and snap a few photos.  Yes I am getting old but I am loving watching my kiddos grow up and all the running around makes me still feel a bit young!  

No comments: