Monday, January 7, 2013

Matt's Christmas Guitar Recital

Matt had his 3rd guitar recital a few weeks ago.  Although he missed a few notes here and there, he still did a great job.  2 of the songs were pretty new so he didn't have much time to practice.  And well...with the concrete incident, that took some practice time away too! 
He started the show with Good King Wenceslas which was one of my favorites!
Then he played a duo with Mrs. Kristi that I also liked...this was one that he hadn't practiced a lot before the big show. 
Next was Blue Bird which I thought was too easy for him, but he wanted to play it because...well it was easy!
And at the end, the kids picked names and had to surprise their friend with a song.  Matt picked Gabriel and played "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
Matt won 1st place for practicing the most this fall and he sure was proud of that. The kids all did well and presented Mrs. Kristi with lots of fun gifts including this awesome shirt I found while we were in Grapevine.  Thank you Mrs. Kristi for being such a great and patient teacher.  We are loving having someone in our house to play live music!
 

1 comment:

Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said...

Matt - you are doing so awesome on your guitar. I loved watching you play. The girls just started guitar after Christmas - 3 lessons in. I will have to show them these videos of Matt. We told them they have to take lessons for 1 year. They start violin in 3rd grade so I hope guitar helps prepare them. Now I hope I can get my piano and we'll all be able to play music next Christmas.