Friday, March 23, 2012

Boots & Bling!

The rodeo is always a fun trip for all.  Great Uncle Tony & Aunt Ruth were in town and insisted that the kids couldn't go to the rodeo without boots.  Matt loves his brown boots with blue stitching and Marlie said she loves the "bling bling" on her boots.  She even talked my aunt into buying the matching belt!!  They looked adorable.  Thank you so much for taking the kids to buy their boots.  They love them!! 
I'm not sure why but I think Matt looks gorgeous with his cowboy hat on!  I always want to tear up.  Maybe because he looks so much older.  I thank God daily for my healthy and beautiful children! I just wish we could slow down the clock.   
It was off to the fairgrounds!  The kids are probably getting a tad old for the kid's carnival but we decided Marlie wasn't quite ready for the big rides so we stayed with our usual routine.  A ride on the carousel and on the ponies...
Then off to the big slide!  I was so happy that Matt could help Marlie and I didn't have to go!  He carried her sack all the way up the stairs and made sure she was okay at the bottom.  Marlie was smart enough to hold her hat all the way down!
Doug took the kids to the petting zoo while I waited in line.  Marlie just loves the animals.  I think she could hang out here all day!
We waited 45 minutes to ride this ride but it was worth it because Marlie said it was her favorite. I don't think we waited that long at Disney World!!
Marlie loved this little roller coaster.  I think after the "rock your world" roller coaster at Disney that this was not too exciting for Matt!

And then, unlike all prior years, we stayed for the REAL rodeo!! We were so excited that we got to sit right up close.  As soon as I explained to Matt each event and that this was a sport, he was excited! 
We got to see Train in concert which was pretty neat too.  Both kids love "Hey Soul Sister".  When they played "Save Me San Francisco", Marlie jumped out of my lap and started singing and dancing.  It was one of those hilarious moments that we are getting used to with Marlie.  This time it was 1% embarrassing and 99% awesome.  I heard everyone around us saying "oh look at that little girl".  I wish I had it on video!
It was a long day but we all sang all the way back to the car.  It was about 5 minutes before they were passed out in the car.  What a wonderful day!

No comments: