Sunday, May 1, 2011

Matt's Field Trip to the Aquarium

I had so much fun going with Matt on his field trip to the Aquarium.  However...Marlie also had a field trip on the same day.  PreK-3 was walking to the park so I had to chose one.  Horrible for the school to make a parent have to do that!  I knew a few Mom's that would be attending the PreK-3 field trip so I decided Marlie would be ok.  I'm still not ready for Matt to go without Doug or I to an open place like the Aquarium.  I just see him running off and getting lost (although I know that most likely would not happen).  As I dropped Marlie off that morning I wanted to cry and luckily pulled myself together.  Apparently she attached herself to Mrs. Traci and even begged her to take her home at the end of the day.  Traci sent me a pic and a text during the day to tell me the kids were having a blast.  A true friend!  That made my day!  Traci sent me some really cute pics but I cannot seem to download them from the Kodak Gallery! 

The kinder kids had a blast at the Aquarium and I did too. Here are some of the usual suspects...
I was so surprised when Matt wanted to go on this ride that takes you way up high and drops you down.  I asked Caden if he would ride with Matt and there the boys went.  I thought for sure he would cry when he got to the top but he was smiling like crazy and the boys stayed on to ride again!  He is much braver than I and I'm so thankful for that.
Matt asked Ms. Marchesani if she would ride the ferris wheel with us.  She reluctantly said yes and it was so cute because she was a bit scared.  Now this is a huge ferris wheel so I was too.  She sat next to Matt and asked if he would hold her hand.  He was in heaven and loved every minute of it!  To think this school year is coming to an end and we will have to have a new teacher next year makes me want to cry AGAIN.  This young Baylor grad is awesome.  It was so fun to watch her interact with the kids during the day.  I learned a few tricks from her.  Thank you Ms. Marchesani for organizing a great day for everyone and for all your hard work! We are so blessed! 

No comments: