Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of School!

Goodness...where did the summer go? Today was Matt's first day of school! You don't even know how excited I was that he was headed back to St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School. I love that place. Matt was excited too and a little nervous. When I told him his teacher was Miss Melissa he kept thinking that Caden's Mom was going to be his teacher! We are really bummed that Matt and Caden aren't in the same class this year. But Matt is excited that Evan is still in his class. Evan is a super sweet kid. We just love him. Luckily all 3 boys will be playing on the same soccer team pretty soon. Here's my baby on his first day...
Funny as tall as I think Matt is, I promise there is a kid in his class that is already 6'1! Surely he'll turn 5 soon?? Both of his parents are tall, but man...I bet he's a head taller than Matt! And here's M&M...always together. Marlie came with us too to drop her big brother off on his first day. He was so proud to have her there with him.
And Miss Marlie walked into that classroom like she was at home. She started to do what the teacher told them...sat on the mat and got a book. She was having a blast! When I told her we had to go she said "no I stay here". So I had to grab her and she wasn't happy. Everyone asked when Marlie was coming to school there and we'll be there next year for sure! Hopefully she prances into class next year like she did today. I doubt it...I'm sure there will be lots of crying. Very different than my Matt who goes anywhere without looking back!

No comments: