Monday, July 21, 2008

Momma's Birthday

Happy Birthday to me.....well my Birthday was Thursday but we waited until Saturday to celebrate. We went to dinner downtown and then to the Cubs....I mean Astros game. It was tons of fun! I'm not sure what the best part of the night was. Maybe when Matt stopped in about the 4th inning and asked where Craig Biggio was. Or watching Marlie focus intensely on the game and clap when the crowd went crazy. She did sleep for about 45 minutes and it was wonderful holding her tight! Or maybe listening to Matt say that his favorite was Lance (as in Berkman) 717 times on the ride home.

If you haven't heard the Biggio story let me tell you quickly. My Brother's team played UH in town last Spring. Craig Biggio was at the game and sat one row behind us. We all tried hard not to stare but it was difficult. Okay well maybe just for me. On our way out Matt gave him a five and I wish I would have had the camera because I would have loved to take a picture with him....I mean I would have loved for Matt to take a picture with him. So that's when we taught Matt about Craig Biggio and how he remembered I'll never know.
















Another cool thing happened this weekend too. Matt caught his first fish! It was HUGE..check out the picture below! Doug said that Matt had an attention span of zero the entire time. I wonder where he gets that from......hmmm......if you ever see the Maziurs out and about you'll see Doug about 10 steps ahead of us. Always in a hurry to get to the next place and he says I'm slow. Funny the rest of you know that I'm rather quick but oh well. Matt asked if the hook hurt the fish which I thought was sweet. He gets that from his Momma!


No comments: